2014年4月25日 星期五

Director Journal Week 11

Our group had finished for the shooting before week 10. This week we have to conduct the final edit for the short film- Zahirah. As a editor, I had been instructed by the director to edit the subtitle to the short film. I used the new software on the Mac that I haven’t learned before to edit the subtitle of the short film. However, I think I can handled the new software because I had been learned Adobe After Effect before.

Here is the translated script for Zahirah:
Mother:           She has become an ustazah. This has finally fulfilled me and my husband’s ambition in making her an Islamic teacher. Our efforts in nurturing her did not go to waste, Piah.
I am grateful for having a righteous daughter like Zahirah. She has self-respect, listens to the elderly and obey to religion rules. You have also seen it, right? From a small kid to a grown adult, it was not hard to teach her. She is brilliant. She was a clever student in school and became the apple of the eye of her teacher. After that, she went to Egypt to continue her studies. She was the top student there, (getting good results every semester).
Alhamdulilah.
Please have a drink, Piah.
For now, she does not want me to stay alone here. She wants to take care of me. That’s why she was willing to stay here with me. When she has more money in the future, she will bring me along to move to a bigger house.
Zahirah:           Assalamualaikum.
Mother:           Waalaikumsalam. Zahirah, there you are! We just only talked about you. Come in and greet Aunty Piah.

Zahirah:           I go in first, mother and Aunty Piah.
Mother:           Zahirah just came back from teaching, Piah. Now she owns a car, life is easier. This whole month was fruitful for her. Well, teaching religion studies gives great blessing and reward. How is your son now, Piah? Has he started working?


I replayed the short film many times in order to listen clearly the conversation between the character and put subtitle in the right timing. After editing the video, I think that learning video editing software is very important to media students. It is a skill for us to find a job outside the university. If you lazy to learn something new, you will lose at the beginning.

沒有留言:

張貼留言